Sunday, March 21, 2010

Founder's Day

This weekend was such a fun one! Janae, myself, and our kiddos went to Joseph City to spend time with my mom. It just happened to be Founder's Day as well, which made for even more fun!

We had to stop and give the kids a break on the way to Joseph City. Hard to believe there was this much snow in the middle of March!
Our first attempt at canning chicken. It went very well, and my pantry now has a good supply of chicken!Janae and I ran the Founder's Day 5K! It was freezing (21 degrees)! So much fun though!We took the kids across the street to the Tractor Show. The kids had a blast!We had yummie BBQ at the firehouse.Such a good time in JC!

4 comments:

  1. So jealous! We'll have to make it a tradition, but I'm still not too sure about the 7AM flag raising...

    Missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! You look so cold while running. I would freeze! Wish I could have gone. Can't wait to see you guys and go to the Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say, that it was one of the better times up at mom's house. We had fun!! Except for the ride home...that was crazy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Founder's Day! Its neat how many people come home for it- looks like you guys had fun! I'm jealous of your chicken! I want to learn how to can that next!

    ReplyDelete